วันอังคารที่ 29 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554

Canon EF-S Macro Lens - 60mm F/2.8 USM

Not every photographer is a professional. Of this I am guilty.

But I love my Canon EOS 30D. And, while it is not a professional digital SLR camera, I have taken some really great pictures with it. I have even won some awards on different websites as "picture of the day".

Canon EF 50mm

Looking for lenses for my Canon dslr led me to investigate the Canon EF-S macro lens selection. I find that EF-S lenses work really well, simply because they are made specifically for my kind of camera. If you own a Canon Rebel, any model, or any of the XXD Canon cameras, you can use these special lenses on your camera.

Canon EF-S Macro Lens - 60mm F/2.8 USM

The technology has been specifically geared toward cameras with a APS-C sensor (that's the sensor that is in the cameras just listed).

To my surprise, there is only one Canon EF-S macro lens available. It is the 60mm f/2.8 USM lens, and it is a dedicated macro lens. You can take photos of really small objects, bugs, flowers, and all manner of little things.

Close-up photography is the reason I actually moved from a point and shoot camera to my first Canon Rebel.

So, finding a macro lens for my Rebel was on my high priority list. I looked at the whole lineup of lenses, some of which cost as much as the camera itself... too much for my budget.

I settled on the Canon EF-S 60mm lens after reading the reviews and user comments about it.

I have never been sorry about that choice. I consider this lens my best one, not just because of the macro photos it produces, but also because it handles other types of images well, too. For instance, when I want to take a portrait of one of the grandkids, the Canon EF-S macro lens is my choice. It is the perfect focal length to get professional type portraits.

I fool around with product shots in my garage where I set up a very crude lightbox, and the 60mm macro is my lens for that, too.

It does not handle landscapes very well, and trips to the zoo find a different lens on my Canon DSLR, but in all, I find that the Canon EF-S macro lens handles most of my heavy work with great results.

In addition, if I plan to upgrade to a newer camera (I have my eye on a Canon 7D, and negotiations with my wife have begun), the EF-S lenses will do just fine.

As a close-up photography fan, I found that the Canon 60mm has really done the job nicely. It has an excellent wide aperture of f/2.8 to provide fast shutter speeds for those quick-moving butterflies. It also produces a nice blurred background, the goal of a decent close-up shot. The USM (ultra sonic motor) gives quick focus, again, nailing the bug shots with a pretty good "keeper" rate.

Canon EF-S Macro Lens - 60mm F/2.8 USM

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น